Friday, October 24, 2008

Getting Set Up


Hi everyone! Glad you took the time to check this out. Other than a shot of a lot of the "stuff" that will soon be my worldly pocessions, not much here now. That will hopefully change soon enough.

It's Friday October 24 and I am currently in Cincinnati visiting family. From here I head to Woodson Bend/Lake Cumberland on Sunday to fish for stripers with my Aunt for two days then (drive as usual) out to Santa Fe for one last visit with my girlfriend Nola. On Sunday November 2, she will drive me to Albuquerque where my journey really begins. Assuming things go according to plan, about 28 hours and three flights later my luggage and I should land in Adelaide, South Australia. There I will have to reassemble my bicycle, load all my gear into the panniers and attach them to the bike, then head out to local accomidations (a campground or hostel--that has yet to be determined).

Since this is my initial attempt to post to this blog, I'll stop here. Look for another post or two with more planned trip details and maybe some more photos before I actually head out. Assuming this works, I also have to go through several address lists and send out an email letting everyone I think will care know that this blog now exists. That may take a while too.

2 comments:

Nola said...

Hey Steve, your blog looks great! :) N.

Dick Roettker said...

Hi Steve! Wow, what a great trip. I thought I rode a lot (20-50 miles at a time training for a dozen or so 100 mile rides - for charity events, mostly). I went to Australia in '96, and will go back someday - Sydney is my favorite city in the world - so clean and cosmopolitan, and easy to get around, by boat/ferry, bus, subway, taxi, train, or (in your case)bike. I assume you'll climb Ayer's Rock (an even stranger natural wonder than Stone Mountain in Georgia) for the incredible view. Have a safe trip - I look forward to reading about it! Dick Roettker