Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Rest in Alice

Day 19 (11/22): Alice Springs Layover

This is going to be a quick post as I have no pictures and did not do much of anything this day. About the only productive thing I did was go for a nice run in the morning along the Todd River, which is normally dry but has now started flowing again as they have had some good rains here lately. I also got in a good shopping trip for (cheap) groceries at Woolworths (woolies). Have to take advantage of Woolies or Coles (the other big chain here) when I see them as they are about half the price of food stores in the smaller towns. I have also found that eating "out" is pricey here so it is much more economical to cook your own dinner--but you must have something to cook to do so. Oh, also got a good nap in this afternoon; perhaps the highlight of the day!

Off on the road again tomorrow! Cheers all.

No comments: